Saturday, December 2, 2017

Sabotage your colleagues!



“You must sabotage your colleagues in order to get promotion?” This was the topic that I was given tonight in the gathering. I needed to make a two minutes speech to support the topic and convince the audience that what I said was reasonable. It was my first attempt delivering a speech with good preparation in front of a group of persons. In fact, I only have about three minutes to prepare what I was going to say. My speech was as below.

…………..I completely agree that we must sabotage our colleagues in order to get promotion simply because it is the only rule to survive in a company that is full of office politics and it is the one and only way to climb up the corporate ladder. I believe that most of the managers and board members have gone through this as well and their hands were perhaps full of the bloods of their colleagues or even the seniors that were willing to teach and share with them the valuable experiences. 

We need to be unscrupulous and forget about your conscience. And the only thing that you need to remember is that you must sabotage your colleague before you are sabotaged by them. To be realistic, being a kind and a helpful colleague cannot get you any promotion. Very likely you will be a stepping stone for others to climb higher. The industry is small and the opportunity of getting a promotion is limited. You need something to make yourself stand out and what is the best thing you can find, other than telling the bad things of your colleagues. However, you must not openly sabotage your colleagues but you should do it quietly, skillfully and preferably in the back. Always try to give a fatal shot and never give any chance for them to survive. In addition, you must let your boss believe that you are someone who is innocent, down-to-earth and hate to be involved in any office politics. It is very much depend of how good you are in pretending and acting...... 

The speech is full of negative thoughts but no choice, I was given a topic to deliver such a speech and I needed to think a lot to support my viewpoints. It was good that I forced myself to think about something I would not do in my normal life and then came to realize that I could be a very bad person if I really wanted to be one.

(417 words)

No comments: