Thursday, October 5, 2017

Socially anxious?! Am I...



Am I socially anxious? Do I desperately want to make new friends and extend social circle, but I am just too fearful and don’t know how to reach out to others? Am I trying to avoid social situation? I don’t know but I believe that I never build up my confidence interacting with others and I am not good in communicate to others, be it in words or body languages. And perhaps I should have taken measures to tackle this problem long ago but I simply underestimated how big the impact the soft skill could bring to my personal life, career, mental health etc. It’s never too late to find out and the first step is always the willingness to acknowledge the weakness and the readiness to do something on it. People aren’t born with good communication skills, they are acquired through trial and error and repeated practices. There will be no foreseeable changes ahead unless one starts focusing on the exact problem and squeezing the brain juice out to think of any possible solution, then, dares to take action even sometimes the action itself requires one to smash his head against the wall just to learn a lesson or two. ...There is no short cut other than face it bravely, willingly and happily. 

(214 words)

No comments: