Tuesday, October 10, 2017

A normal day



Another normal day in office, kicked start my day sleepily today and I really thought that I should have gone to bed earlier last night. Insufficient sleep really bother me a lot and I just cannot concentrate on my boring jobs which I used to be very excited about. Perhaps I should just gab with my colleagues more to improve my communication skill. Wouldn’t it be great to have an opportunity to use the office hours to learn something useful? Recently, I always think how I can communicate better with people. Not only to express what is inside my mind but also using the words that comes out from my mouth to create subliminal rapport that makes the listeners feel that I share their values, attitudes and experiences. It has proven beyond a doubt that people are more receptive to those they feel have the same values in life. By building up the rapport, actually it also opens the door that might otherwise be closed for me – It means that I will have more opportunities in life – be it in my career or personal life…. Mastering this skill takes time and needs repeated practices. Next time when I talk to some strangers, I should leave no stone unturned in making sure that I put into real life application all I have learnt from the book. 

(225 words)

No comments: