Monday, October 16, 2017

A visit to the dentist



Having removed 4 premolar teeth in one shot, the pain of the open wound in my mouth simply stops me from studying my English and makes me feel lethargic tonight. Or perhaps, it is just an excuse that I want to use to get rid of the boring and tedious English learning session. I suspect that the dentist that in charge of my teeth extraction didn’t do a good job and in my wildest paranoid dreams, I suspect that because of my smelly mouth, the dentist purposefully created bigger open wounds with long recovery time out of revenge. I don’t feel like eating hard things at this moment, a banana looks far more appealing to me as compared to an apple, simply because it is softer. The same theory applies to tofu and steak. Still remember that I was asked whether I wanted to keep any of the extracted premolar teeth as a souvenir that day, I turned down the offer after looking at the bloodstained and yellowish teeth with slightly crooked roots and could not figure out a suitable tiny place in my house to put all these teeth. I start wondering now whether are there any person that keeps the extracted teeth as a memory and just like any other professional stamp or coin collectors, cannot wait a second longer to show off the collection, whenever there is a visiting guest. 

(235 words)

No comments: