Wednesday, November 8, 2017

A good speaker

If you have a dream but you  do not take any action then you are just a dreamer. On the contrary, if you have a dream but you never stop looking for ways that can help you to realize your dream even that means lots of hard works, compromises and even sacrifices, then you are a doer. The most distinguishable difference between the former and later is that the doer is always moving towards the correct direction but on the other hand, the dreamer is standing on the same spot admiring the dream from remote distance and taking no action, nor desire to realize it. Very often with all kinds of excuses which cause procrastination.

I was excited every time I was listening to a persuasive, informative and eloquent speech. I paid tremendous attention to the speaker, scared that I missed out even nuggets of information that he or she was trying to convey to the audience, not only through the speech but also the body language, tone, facial expression and even the aura. I felt that I learnt something every time I finished listening to a speech like that and I could not help thinking that what would I do if I had been the one who was standing on the stage and giving the speech to all the audience. Whether or not, I would be able to perform as good as the speaker. In fact, I wanted to be like them – going through the speech preparation stage, speech rehearsal, speech delivery and then finally, evaluations and suggestions from some professionals. The process is then repeated again by using the lessons learnt on the previous speech.  I didn’t have much confidence on my own public speaking skill since I didn’t use it at all in my professional life ever since my graduation. But, I know that it cannot be the excuse that hinders me from improving myself. Whenever there is an attempt to extend the limitation or break the boundary of comfort zone, pains and struggles await. But, after facing it bravely and forcefully getting used to all the pains and struggles, we feel less resistant doing the things we have once thought very hard. Never stop extend our limits even inch by inch, only keep on extending the limits that the boundary will be torn apart and will not be connected to form a comfort zone. I foresee my turn to go through the same process experienced by the speakers in coming future and in fact, I can’t wait for the time to come, believing that only by going through the process again and again, I can achieve what I am really looking for in my life and be a good speaker that I always dream of.

(459 words)

No comments: